Sunday, August 28, 2011

Jim's Amazing Seasonings

I use these two seasoning mixes all the time. I got them from Chef Jim at the Mystique.
I use have used the Steak Seasoning on Beef, Chicken, Pork, Cod, Shrimp, Roasted Potatoes, and Fried Vegetables.
Note: Granulated Garlic works best, but Garlic Powder will work. If you can't find Ground Rosemary, then just leave it out completely. Regular Paprika works great, but if you can find Smoked Paprika it's even better!
Steak Seasoning Rub
2 Parts Granulated Garlic
1 Part Basil
1/2 Part Black Pepper
1 Part Salt
1 Part Paprika
Prime Rib Rub
2 Parts Granulated Garlic
1 Part Basil
1 Part Oregano
1/2 Part Paprika
1 Part Black Pepper
1/2 Part Ground Rosemary
1 Part Salt

2 comments:

robandsuzie said...

This sounds so good! I can hardly wait to try it!

Jodi Loveland said...

We love the steak rub! Excited to try the prime rib rub one too. I never knew it was supposed to be granulated garlic though. I will have to look for that and try it. Do I get it at the grocery store?